Zoek in plaats daarvan naar 
Bedoelde u: 

Failed recording

Topic gestart op: 13-11-18 14h51

Antwoorden: 5 antwoorden

Banjacked
Gewaardeerd verkenner

Failed recording

Can someone explain why, yet again, EVERYTHING that we tried to record last night failed to record properly and is unavailable for watching? The hard disk in our DVR is 90% empty, there are and were no conflicts, yet every single thing we wished recorded, in excess of five hours of shows across multiple channels from late afternoon until the small hours of this morning, failed to record properly and was unavailable for watching. There was no power failure, the DVR was not switched off, everything was as normal but at least 6 shows are unavailable.

If this was the first time there would not be so much of an issue, but this happens regularly and it's strange it mostly happens on a Monday.

Can I have an explanation for this, plus some way of knowing that this will NOT happen again without good reason, as otherwise you will be finding that all services shall be terminated with no warning and my money will go to a provider who can provide the promised service as, simply, this is now at least the eighth time this has happened and, frankly, that is unacceptable as we are talking about every single recording over a period in excess of 12 hours and not only the occasional failure due to weather. If you are only able to provide half the promised service, then say so and you will be paid accordingly, for right now you are not doing what is promised and I see nothing whatsoever on your or any other site which explains the regular failure of the system to do what I am paying for.

Regards

Mark C

Labels (1)
0 pluimen
5 ANTWOORDEN 5
Totem
Grote Wijze
Grote Wijze

Can someone explain why, yet again, EVERYTHING that we tried to record last night failed to record properly and is unavailable for watching? The hard disk in our DVR is 90% empty, there are and were no conflicts, yet every single thing we wished recorded, in excess of five hours of shows across multiple channels from late afternoon until the small hours of this morning, failed to record properly and was unavailable for watching. There was no power failure, the DVR was not switched off, everything was as normal but at least 6 shows are unavailable.

If this was the first time there would not be so much of an issue, but this happens regularly and it's strange it mostly happens on a Monday.

Can I have an explanation for this, plus some way of knowing that this will NOT happen again without good reason, as otherwise you will be finding that all services shall be terminated with no warning and my money will go to a provider who can provide the promised service as, simply, this is now at least the eighth time this has happened and, frankly, that is unacceptable as we are talking about every single recording over a period in excess of 12 hours and not only the occasional failure due to weather. If you are only able to provide half the promised service, then say so and you will be paid accordingly, for right now you are not doing what is promised and I see nothing whatsoever on your or any other site which explains the regular failure of the system to do what I am paying for.

Regards

Mark C

Ugh @Banjacked,

I understand that this current situation is very frustrating. I hope this can help:

If the option "Record" for a selected program is not available, it may be due to the following two reasons.

1. Your TV decoder is no longer connected to the internet

If you no longer have an image on the infobanner or in the TV guide, your TV decoder is probably not connected to the Internet or the connection is lost.

You can check the connection status in Menu> Settings> Technical> Network> Check internet connection.

If the connection status is 'not connected', check the ethernet cable on the modem or your Wi-Fi installation (and other peripherals).

You can start the connection wizard via Menu> Settings> Technical> Network> Connection wizard.

If you still fail to establish an internet connection after starting the connection wizard, restart your TV decoder.

If there is still no connection, contact the customer service for technical assistance.

2. The selected program is not identified as a recurring program
Some recurring programs can not be identified as "Series" (icon "S"). The 'Record series' option is not available in that case. You can only choose 'Record' (this episode).
In that case, you can manually set a recording with a repeat function.

Set a recording manually via Menu> Recordings> Manual recording. Select the repetition frequency in the pop-up window: once, every day, every week, Monday-Friday. 

Kr,

Totem

Banjacked
Gewaardeerd verkenner

It's clear the problem has not been understood.

There is no internet connection issue, as we have several programmes across several channels set to record and they generally do so whilst we watch something else without any issue. But on occasion, and usually on a Monday, EVERYTHING that the system says has been recorded just comes up with the equivalent of "Recording unavailable" irrespective of time or channel. Now, if I'm watching things AND the "Opname menu" shows something is being recorded then it's not the internet connection.

As far as the "Serie Opname" goes, the same applies. The offending failure is in the list, as recorded, but with an "x" saying that the recording has failed and is unavailable. That means that the shows are flagged properly, are recognised properly, BUT they are unavailable. And it's not only the recurring series' recordings, but also anything else we have set to record such as movies.

There are no conflicts, every other day of the week there are no issues, the digicorder is rebooted regularly to prevent the usual freezing expected with these things (which happens less since you updated the software) and is in standby every night as it is something I have experienced with every decoder and digicorder I have had my hands on since they first came out (A lesson I learned the hard way with the garbage Telenet would pass off to the customer), and it can't be wifi interference as I use a cabled, Cat 5, connection.

No, this has NOTHING to do with what you mention above BUT for some unknown reason every single thing recorded over a 24 hour period is flagged as "Recording Failed" or "Recording Unavailable" and THAT is what I want to get to the bottom of as, to be quite frank, "once" is something that can happen as is "twice". Three times I start to question things and look at solutions like regularly resetting the digicorder. But at least EIGHT times, so far and usually on a Monday, no matter what I do? That indicates something else is the issue, and it cannot be weather or a problem with the signal to me or I would hardly be able to use the internet or watch TV if there was that type of problem during that 24 hour period across Vlaams and "foreign" channels.

0 pluimen
Totem
Grote Wijze
Grote Wijze

It's clear the problem has not been understood.

There is no internet connection issue, as we have several programmes across several channels set to record and they generally do so whilst we watch something else without any issue. But on occasion, and usually on a Monday, EVERYTHING that the system says has been recorded just comes up with the equivalent of "Recording unavailable" irrespective of time or channel. Now, if I'm watching things AND the "Opname menu" shows something is being recorded then it's not the internet connection.

As far as the "Serie Opname" goes, the same applies. The offending failure is in the list, as recorded, but with an "x" saying that the recording has failed and is unavailable. That means that the shows are flagged properly, are recognised properly, BUT they are unavailable. And it's not only the recurring series' recordings, but also anything else we have set to record such as movies.

There are no conflicts, every other day of the week there are no issues, the digicorder is rebooted regularly to prevent the usual freezing expected with these things (which happens less since you updated the software) and is in standby every night as it is something I have experienced with every decoder and digicorder I have had my hands on since they first came out (A lesson I learned the hard way with the garbage Telenet would pass off to the customer), and it can't be wifi interference as I use a cabled, Cat 5, connection.

No, this has NOTHING to do with what you mention above BUT for some unknown reason every single thing recorded over a 24 hour period is flagged as "Recording Failed" or "Recording Unavailable" and THAT is what I want to get to the bottom of as, to be quite frank, "once" is something that can happen as is "twice". Three times I start to question things and look at solutions like regularly resetting the digicorder. But at least EIGHT times, so far and usually on a Monday, no matter what I do? That indicates something else is the issue, and it cannot be weather or a problem with the signal to me or I would hardly be able to use the internet or watch TV if there was that type of problem during that 24 hour period across Vlaams and "foreign" channels

Ugh @Banjacked,

Unfortunately your problem may be due to a faulty decoder. Can you send us a message via Facebook or Twitter. Then we can take the correct measures to solve this situation. Thanks for your understanding.

🏹 Totem 🏹

0 pluimen
Banjacked
Gewaardeerd verkenner

Thank you, will do the necessary via Facebook tomorrow. I suspected it may be a faulty decoder, but wished to make sure I was guessing right.

It's no big issue, these things happen, if I can just do a "swap" in my local Orange shop because an engineer is hardly necessary to simply connect a new decoder then that will be perfect for me.

Leden met de meeste pluimen