Vouliez-vous dire : 

WARNING Unfair Roaming charges

Discussion créée le: 27-09-19 13h48

Réponses: 2 réponses

babble
Éclaireur novice

WARNING Unfair Roaming charges

RÉSOLU

WARNING: I’ve just been asked to pay €59 for internet roaming charges when travelling through Switzerland. When I arrived at the border, BEFORE entering I switched off my mobile data, and then I switched it back on AFTER leaving, but apparently for a few seconds each side I was connected to the swiss system and that cost me €59. I contacted Orange, who I have been with as a loyal customer for 17 years (since they were BASE in fact) and they said they would pay only half of this cost! I feel horribly cheated. I made a specific effort not to incur any cost. I switched off my data and still am being asked to pay. I asked if they could cap my data roaming outside the EU to €0 – but guess what? They won’t do that – they will only cap it at €60! Why is that.

Well, in any case, after 17 years I will now move to another provider. I’m horrified at this rip off and will not put up with it.

Étiquettes (1)
0 Compliments
1 SOLUTION APPROUVÉE
babble
Éclaireur novice

ok, seems to be sorted! i've been given 50% off the charge and a 25% reduction in my mobile phone charge for 6 months, so i'm happy! Only took four phone calls to Orange, (about 1 hours worth) and posting on Twitter, Facebook and here! 

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Compliments
2 RÉPONSES 2
Totem
Grand Sage
Grand Sage

@babble  a écrit :

WARNING: I’ve just been asked to pay €59 for internet roaming charges when travelling through Switzerland. When I arrived at the border, BEFORE entering I switched off my mobile data, and then I switched it back on AFTER leaving, but apparently for a few seconds each side I was connected to the swiss system and that cost me €59. I contacted Orange, who I have been with as a loyal customer for 17 years (since they were BASE in fact) and they said they would pay only half of this cost! I feel horribly cheated. I made a specific effort not to incur any cost. I switched off my data and still am being asked to pay. I asked if they could cap my data roaming outside the EU to €0 – but guess what? They won’t do that – they will only cap it at €60! Why is that.

Well, in any case, after 17 years I will now move to another provider. I’m horrified at this rip off and will not put up with it.

Ugh @babble,

Totem is happy to see that you could find a solution to this situation ! Don't hesitate to contact our Webcare team on our social networks. They will be able to analyse your situation in detail and give you a complete answer on your situation.

May the spirit of the Tribe be with you,

Totem

0 Compliments
babble
Éclaireur novice

ok, seems to be sorted! i've been given 50% off the charge and a 25% reduction in my mobile phone charge for 6 months, so i'm happy! Only took four phone calls to Orange, (about 1 hours worth) and posting on Twitter, Facebook and here! 

0 Compliments
Auteurs les plus complimentés