Bedoelde u: 

Phone Has No Internet Connection

Topic gestart op: 24-08-21 22h58

Antwoorden: 9 antwoorden

SteveW1234
Aspirant verkenner

Phone Has No Internet Connection

OPGELOST

I purchased an Orange Holiday World SIM card for my Samsung S5 SM G900V phone. When I installed the SIM card I received a 2 text messages. One message told me my mobile number and the other message is in French, which unfortunately I don't understand. When I try to use the phone it tells me that I have no Internet connection. can you please help me?

Labels (1)
0 pluimen
1 GEACCEPTEERDE OPLOSSING
patrick2
Wijze
Wijze

@SteveW1234  

For the next time you no what to do and then you have a better experience whit Orange. 

Patrick2 | De eenvoudigste oplossing is vaak de beste!
Vergeet niet om pluimen te geven en/of als oplossing te markeren
Tomorrow is another day

Bekijk de oplossing in de community in het oorspronkelijke bericht

9 ANTWOORDEN 9
SteveW1234
Aspirant verkenner

Thank you, Patrick.  

The message in French does not give me any details on how to configure my Samsung S5 SM G900V phone to use the SIM card.  I'm wondering if the SIM card is compatible with my phone.  The message in French said:

"Bienvenue en republique tcheque pays 4g. Utilisez votre offre FB open mini 2h 5Go comme en France (appels, SMS/MMS et internet mobile decomptes de votre forfait sans surcoat, localement et vers la France). Infos pratiques: Numero d'urgence 112 (gratuit). Les numeros suivants sont inclus dans votre offre: Messagerie 888 (ou +33 6 08 08 08 08), suivi conso #123#, service clients +33 9 69 39 39 00, et Orange et moi (gratuit en wifi ou decompte de votre offre). Pour appeler un numero francais composez le +33 suivi du numero sans le 0, et le +420 pour un numero local au lieu du 0. Pensez a recharger votre compte. Bon sejour."  

It provides some phone numbers to call for support, but without a working SIM card I cannot make a phone call.  

0 pluimen
patrick2
Wijze
Wijze

@SteveW1234  

Are you wright now in Tsjechië  ? 

Before you can use the card you have to actived it in the country where you buy the card. When you don't then you're card is int working. 

Tomorrow is another day

0 pluimen
SteveW1234
Aspirant verkenner

Thank you, Patrick.  Yes, I am in the Czech Republic now.  I bought the card before I left on holiday.  I didn't need it for the first week of travel, and since it only is active for 14 days I did not activate it until the day before I needed it.  Now it won't work.  I'm thinking that it doesn't support my Galaxy S5 version (SM G900V).  I see other S5 versions supported, but I don't see mine.  Maybe there is a system setting that I need to use for my phone, but I haven't seen a setting that works.

0 pluimen
patrick2
Wijze
Wijze

@SteveW1234  

Normaly when you get a extra card or simcard you need to activate on the Orange network. When you take the card en go on holliday and you are not on the Orange network then it wil not activate. That is a little security for Orange and make sure that you are the right customer. 

You have a extra surf card so that is no problem to use and i think that you're galaxy will support it. So in my opinion it's only the problem that you not activated on the Orange network and that is a importent thing to make you card working. 

Tomorrow is another day

0 pluimen
Leden met de meeste pluimen